Live in Carer, Bromley
Bluebird Care Bromley
4 hours ago
£610.40 - 860.00/per week
Bluebird Care is one of the UK’s largest providers of privately funded Home Care and Live-in Care at Home. We have opportunities for Live-in Carers to provide support and encouragement to enable vulnerable adults to lead independent lives within the comfort & security of their own homes, throughout the London Borough of Bromley.
Bluebird Care Bromley is one of 3 franchises in our group covering South East London and North West Kent, an area of homes to over 1,000,000 people. Beyond that, our close relationships with neighbouring Bluebird Care offices mean that our carers are never short of work!
Our Live-in Carers live with their customers in a spare bedroom. Placements can vary from one week to several months and beyond, though most Live-in Carers typically work on a rotational basis: 2 weeks on/1 week off, 1 month on/2 weeks off, etc, and must be available for a minimum period of 1 full week at a time.
- Competitive rates of basic pay:
- from £95.00 per day (£108.24 inc holiday pay & pension) for a single person of low-moderate dependency, increasing with complexity
- up to £130.75 per day (£148.98 inc holiday pay & pension) for a high dependency couple
- Paid annual leave
- A comprehensive pre-work Skills Assessment program
- £150 bonus for completing the Care Certificate
- £265 refer-a-friend bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Opt-in private medical insurance scheme
- A route to formal qualifications (e.g. L2/L3/L5 Diplomas in Health & Social Care)
- On-going training and support from a friendly office team
- A genuine opportunity for career progression in a high-growth industry
Every customer will have had a personalised care plan tailored to them which will include: personal care and hygiene, food prep, medication, shopping, housework and social support.
Our Live-in Carers are not on duty 24 hours a day: all Live-in Carers are afforded daily 2-hour breaks, covered by the local Home Care team where their customer cannot be left unattended. Live-in Carers are not expected to be on-call throughout the night but are expected to be able to retire once their customer is settled so they are able to rest themselves.
It is important to understand that our Live-in Carers are not Self-employed; we are the Employer and we undertake all obligations re: tax, insurance and training. Our Live-in Carers also benefit from support and regular visits from a designated Live-in Care Supervisor, based in an office only a few miles away.
To be successful in your application you must have at least 1 years’ previous experience in Home Care (or other healthcare roles, such as Nursing). Live-in Carers must recognise the importance of respecting the customer’s privacy, where desired, and the right to make their own choices. Every successful applicant undergoes a thorough pre-work Skills Assessment programme and receives ongoing training and support throughout the duration of their employment.
Every prospective Live-in Carer must:
- be able to communicate clearly in English with someone who may be confused or hard of hearing
- pass cleanly through an Enhanced Criminal Record (DBS) check.
Note: We do not offer VISA sponsorship or routes for foreign nationals to relocate to the UK. If you are not a British citizen and/or you do not live within the UK, your application will not be taken forward so please do not apply.
Anyone who does not genuinely care about the welfare of vulnerable people will not be suitable for this role.
£610.40 - 860.00/per week Excellent rates of pay: £95.00 - £130.75 per day; 4 weeks paid annua
Tetra Live-in Care
Live In Carer
Caremark Wokingham & Bracknell
Ashridge Home Care
Ashridge Home Care