291 Chapter Road
14 March 2017
Application for the role of a home care worker
I am a hardworking person who enjoys to help other people where ever I can. I am physically and mentally fit to work at any time. I enjoy new challenges and I am always keen to try new things and new areas. I enjoy learning new skills and I am always happy to help others.
I am seeking the opportunity to apply myself to the vacant of a home care position to build my experience and advance within the Healthcare profession in general. I thoroughly enjoy this area of work and I would like pursue my career in this area as I find very rewarding area to work in.
A highly competitive and enthusiastic Carer with an outgoing personality great communication skills and a passion for others. Multi skilled and self-motivated with a dedication for providing care on to one to one basis. Having a proven ability to meet the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence.
I’m currently working for Lodge park residential care home in Wembley. Previously I have worked for TenderLoveCare for five years in Yeovil. Helping service users to remain in their own homes by providing he support and care needed to help them achieve maximum independence. Responsible for providing a standard of care provision during early morning and evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Getting to know and their best interests.
• Offering personal care preparing meals, cleaning and helping with shopping trips.
• Delivering and serving of meals when is required.
• Supervision of medication.
• Assisting with washing/Showering/Bathing and shaving.
• Making and changing the beds, tidying rooms and emptying commodes etc.
• Providing advice and emotional support to the client.
• Setting tables and trays and assisting with getting up in the morning, dressing and undressing washing and bathing.
• Taking part in the service users netting and in training activities.
• Updating a client’s records and other paper work.
• Supervision of medication.
• Assisting with activities like reading and writing and other hobbies.
• Reporting to supervisors any change in the health or circumstances
• Service users. Helping the service users to look after their own healthy
• Helping to organise activities.
Key Skills and Competencies
Experience of personal care, Companionship and home help.
Experience of working in a residential care home,
Good verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to remain calm under pressure.
The ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
BTEC Level2 Healthy and Social care(QCF) North West London college:2012-2013
I have enclosed my CV for your consideration. if you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you in advance for taking time to read my CV.