In my role of Support Worker, I am responsible for taking care of my patients and helping them with some of the tasks that they are unable to do alone.
My responsibilities include:
Providing support to my patients/clients and helping them in every day duties
• Taking patients out to different places
• Dealing with relatives and helping them to understand what they can do, how they can help etc
• Following health and safety and procedures very carefully each day.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Fully aware of equality and diversity issues.
• An understanding of the concept of confidentiality.
• Basic knowledge of personal care & excellent hygiene skills.
• Presenting a professional image appropriate to the working environment.
• Adhering to all the Healthcare Trusts policies guidelines and procedures.