Live in Spinal Injuries PA/Carer
1 day ago
£1120 - 1260/per week
What's on offer here?
• Well organised PA/Carers position assisting fun, young, tetraplegic, 41 Yr old, married, mum of 2 boys, 9 and 13 yrs.
• Excellent £1,120-£1,260 weekly pay rate (Experience dependent)
• Work pattern either 1, 2 weeks on and off - To be a flexible part of a team with one or two others.
• Spacious bedroom and own bathroom on 1st floor of converted bungalow in lovely, picturesque village in Kent.
• Only 40 mins from London Bridge.
When from / to
• Looking for or 2 x PA/Carers to rotate around each other from 27th of August.
• Next available assignment 27/08/21 – 10/08/21, then weekly/fortnightly thereafter.
Hi, I am a 41-year-old, happily married with 2 Young Boys ages 9 and 13. I suffered a spinal cord injury back in 2015 and I'm now C5/ C6 tetraplegic. I'm now paralyzed from the chest down and have limited hand function, but don't let my disability define me.
I work part-time 20 hours a week currently from home subject to COVID-19, tending to do 4 hours a day from home 10-2pm. While I’m working PA/Carers tend to light housework, the family's laundry, tidying and take a break. A great setup here where a double up, domiciliary Carer helps 3 times a week with the main housework & ironing and covers the PA/Carers break.
After work I enjoy collecting the children from school, taking them to after school activities or to the park etc and sometimes socialize with friends or family.
What am I looking for?
• I need someone proactive, self-organized, punctual, hard-working, hygienic and thorough.
• Sociable, friendly and approachable.
• Comfortable and relaxed around children.
• Must be confident and competent driver with at least 1 years driving experience.
• Communication is key in this role and therefore a high level of English both speaking and understanding is essential.
• Spinal Injuries Training & experience essential (6months to 1 year minimum) specifically training/experience with bowel Management (Manual evacuation, suppository insertion and stimulation.)
• DBS check essential (I can apply/process if new one required.)
• 1/2 references from previous client or agency
• Due to the nature of this role, it is an occupational requirement that applicants are female. Please confirm you meet this criteria.
• Valid passport as proof of ID/Right to work check (Pre-settled status or work Visa will need to be provided if not a registered in the UK)
• Full UK or EU driving license - Confident driver (Automatic Vehicle)
Brief Daily Duties
• Morning and evening routines including bowel Management, dressing, showering.
• Cleaning and tidying of my bedroom and bathroom after routine.
• Keeping on top of the family's laundry.
• Putting hoover around & mopping the floors.
• Keeping kitchen & bathrooms clean and tidy.
• Come with me to collect children from school.
• Preparing and Cooking of meals with me.
I have a great system setup here whereby my needs care wise and the PA/Carers work and break needs are both met and treated fairly. Flexibility is key and appreciated as some days, breaks are split into shorter more frequent slots and other days are in much larger time periods dependent on the day's activities.
I am a bubbly; chatty person and I can confidently communicate my care needs. I will patiently teach PA/Carers how I like my care to be, and I need a PA/Carer to listen intently and follow my instructions. I do not need or like a PA/Carer to take over or take control.
I live life to the full, regardless of disability and don’t let it define me. I need & appreciate the support of a good PA/Carer to assist me to do this, so it is very important to me that I attract a great PA/Carer, to comfortably integrate into and around our family.
If you’re interested, please contact me and send me a brief cover note about yourself and why you are suitable for this position?
Look forward hearing from you.
Bexley, London, UK
£1120 - 1260/per week 4 Weeks Holiday
Self employed or Employed (PAYE)
Live-In South Manchester
Home Instead Altrincham
Live-in Care Worker
Earn up to £13,000 in 12 weeks with Consultus Care & Nursing
Live In Care Assistant
SweetTree Home Care Services