Live in Carer
Bluebird Care (South Tyneside)
4 days ago
£600 - 700/per week
WAIT! This job has expired
Live-in Care Assistant in South Shields
To deal with the increase in demand for our service, we are looking to employ people who will be outstanding ambassadors of our brand.
Our award-winning and outstanding rated home care services require dedicated and hardworking professionals to join our skilful team as a Live-in Care Assistant in South Tyneside on a full-time basis. We are looking for individuals who are caring compassionate that want to progress in a rewarding career.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, well-organized and able to work both independently and as part of a team. Proven experience in care, in either a paid or voluntary capacity, is desirable for this role.
The most crucial requirement is that you have a kind heart and want to make a real difference to our customers and their families, by giving peace of mind through the delivery of outstanding and person centre care.
Roles and responsibilities of a Live-in Care Assistant in South Shields
As a Live-in Care Assistant, you will be living with one of our customers or maybe even a couple to provide the very best care. You are there to be a companion, but also to help them remain independent in their own home and cherish all the memories they’ve made there.
- To support customers with all aspects of their personal care
- To assist customers with all aspects of medication
- To assist customers with all aspects of their meal preparation
- To support customers in manual handling the use of aids and personal equipment
- To support customers with home management
- To help in the promotion of a customer’s mental and physical activities
- To document and report all relevant customer information
- To support customers and their families with health and social care needs
- To help customers with their shopping
- To keep customers engaged in the community with social outings
- To offering our customers companionship
About Bluebird Care South Tyneside
Bluebird Care South Tyneside passionately believe in helping people who want to stay in their own homes for as long as possible. Our award-winning and outstanding rated care makes it possible to continue to enjoy the comfort and familiarity of home while receiving the very highest standards of home care and live-in help.
Our overall aim is to give peace of mind to our customers, their families and their loved ones. We have a reputation for going above and beyond for our customers, as well as having a trusted relationship with other health care services, such as district nurses, GP’s, OT’s and social workers.
Previous experience is a bonus but not a requirement. Live-in Care Assistants are matched to our customers to ensure our customers and you get along so the most important thing to us is that you are naturally compassionate, caring and patient. We want a team who genuinely cares for each of our customers as if they were their own family.
A Live-in care assistant candidate will require:
- NVQ/QCF Level 2 minimum in health and social care or equivalent
- Knowledge/skills and experience in within the health and social sectors
- Good time management skills
- A good understanding of safeguarding adults and children
- Candidates are required to be multi-skilled and flexible
- Trouble shooting skills are necessary
- Great communication skills
- Good reporting skills both verbal and written
- Confidence working on your own initiative or engaging with fellow Bluebirds
- Local community awareness
- Responsive in your job role and the care you deliver
- Caring and effective in the quality care you can support within your community
- Understanding the importance of infection control and the safe use of PPE.
- A Clear DBS check will be required
- A full UK driving licence
Because we care about you:
We understand that every member of our team has their own family to care for and this is why our role offers the flexibility to work around your own home life. You can choose between full-time, part-time or night shift work shift patterns.
We can’t care for our customers if we don’t take care of our team so to make this possible, we offer:
- Competitive rates of £600 - £700 per week
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- If you use your own vehicle for customer use, you will be entitled to 20p per mile
- 28 Holiday days per year
- 3 meals a day or an allowance from the customer. You will also have a separate room to stay and access to a TV and WIFI
- You will have regular contact with your supervisor along with access to our career pathway allowing you to gain qualifications to grow your knowledge and confidence to provide the very best care to our customers
- Ongoing training and support
- Regular, scheduled daily and weekly breaks which you can spend as you wish in or outside of the customer’s home
- A clearly defined schedule of working time vs downtime during each day
We take care of our team throughout the year, whether it's your birthday, Christmas, awards or simply because it’s a Thursday. We are family orientated and take the “family” Approach in everything that we do.
At Bluebird Care we are here to look after you today, tomorrow and every other day on your personal and career path journey.
South Shields, Tyne And Wear, UK
£600 - 700/per week
WAIT! This job has expired