Sussex, United Kingdom, Bank holidays extra £40, Employed (PAYE)
Posted: 5 days ago
We currently have clients requesting a female only live in carer. Based in the West Sussex area. You will be required to take your client out for social activities and appointments so driving licence essential.
As a live-in carer you will be living with your client 24 hours a day. However, you are entitled to a 2 hour break during the day from 10am to 6pm, the hours of which are flexible and to be arranged between you and the client. If the client has not arranged additional cover for this 2 hour period, and feel it is something they would like, please contact the office.
You are expected to have 8 hours sleep, and should your sleep be regularly interrupted, such that you feel unable to carry out the day duties, we will discuss the need for a waking night carer.
If you are woken more than twice during the night, for example to assist with using the bathroom, you will be paid an additional amount per wake.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a live-in carer, you will be provided with your own private room, which should contain:
- A bed - with clean adequate bedding
- Clear storage space for their belongings such as a wardrobe or cupboard
- Adequate lighting, heating and a door that closes
- Use of a bathroom with toilet, basin and shower or bath facilities
It is not essential, however desirable, for our carers to have access to a private TV and internet.
MEALS - FOOD & DRINKS
You are expected to eat with the client during meal times, and the cost of such meals are meet by the client. If however, you would like something specific/unusual then you must supply this yourself, for example Lady Grey tea bags as opposed to English Breakfast tea bags.
A live-in carer is prohibited from consuming alcohol while on duty, as well as during your 2 hour break.
UNIFORM & PERSONAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING
Our live-in carers do not normally wear our company tunic, however if you would prefer this please let us know.
The client should supply the following:
- Anti-bacterial hand wash
- Protective gloves
- Apron (if necessary, for example, if a client is incontinent)
- Any other cleaning products or equipment required by the care worker
- Any other equipment specified in the care plan or by Guardian Angel Carers, in order that we can effectively carry out our duties such as walking frame, wheelchairs, etc.
WHAT IS EXPECT FROM YOU AS A LIVE-IN CARER
As a live-in carer your first and foremost priority is your client, their health and wellbeing. You will assist with the following as required:
- Washing / dressing
- Preparation of meals
- Food shopping
- Light domestic housework
- Changing bed linen
- Clothes washing and ironing
- Assisting with paperwork, post and writing letters
- Companionship: reading, crossword puzzles, board games, etc
- Doctors, district nurses & other medical professionals
- Guardian Angel Carers support team
- Chiropodists / hairdressers / opticians
- Escorted outings for example to appointments or for social occasions and/or garden centres/museums/galleries/etc
You may be required to assist with the following:
- Changing of catheter bags
- Stoma bags
- Minor first aid medical attention e.g. minor cuts, bruises and burns
- Using a hoist (2 carers are required for standard hoists, 1 carer may be used for a fixed hoist)
As a carer are not permitted to do the following, but may coordinate with the district nurse/GP:
- Change open wound dressings
- Inject medicines
- Insert or remove catheters
- Insert suppositories
- Physically lift a client
We will honour you with..
*The best rates of pay
*28 days paid holiday a year
*FREE Care Certificate Training
*On-going support from our friendly team
*Continuous professional development, with opportunities to specialise with further training
*Opportunities to develop in other areas, as supervisor roles become available
* Reliable, professional, caring and committed?
* Looking for work in the care industry (no experience necessary as full training provided)
* Fluent in English
* Full Clean Driving Licence
LIVE IN CARE
24 hourly pay for an individual……………..………. from £64 to £104
24 hourly pay for couples……………………..……. from £88 to £143
Note: the pay varies dependent on the needs of the client. Bank holidays are an additional £40/day.
Then please contact Lou, our recruitment manager to apply today on 01243 216416 or email HR@gacarers.co.uk