Essex, United Kingdom, GBP 550 per week, Employed (PAYE)
Posted: 13 days ago
Summary of role
To live with our client in their own home, and meet their personal care and support needs in a way that respects dignity and promotes independence. The care and support provided by our live in carers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the client’s family.
* To assist our client with getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and assisting to use the toilet if required.
* To help our client with their mobility.
* To make and change beds, light cleaning, and general tidying.
* To inspect and launder our client’s clothes.
* To set tables and trays, prepare and serve meals, clearing away and washing up.
* Supervision of safe food preparation and storage.
* To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews as required
* To encourage the independence of our client.
* To liaise with professionals and other agencies as required.
* To undertake any working duties as required during the night as far as is reasonably practicable.
* To give emotional support as and when needed by our client.
* Support with appointments and reminders
* Support with medication and promoting the customers independence to self -administer.
* Support and liaise with the customers family/carers as directed by line management.
It is considered essential that our staff possess the following qualities:
* Be qualified in and have experience of Dementia support
Minimum NVQ level 2 preferred Level 3
* Self-motivated & well organised. Flexible.
* Caring & sensitive to the needs of others.
* Ability to use own initiative.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to complete any required documentation within the service
* A Person Centred Approach
TO APPLY PLEASE CALL US ON 01371 872 178 OR EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org