Cover letter for positions for self employed live in care oppitunties
Warm, loving and caring. Eager to provide comfort and safety to clients round the clock.
PROFILE: Extremely capable and compassionate Caregiver with extensive experience in Parkinson's ,Dementia and Mental health. Hard-working and honest individual who is able to take initiative and exceed the expectations of employer by following instructions accurately.
• Over 3 years’ experience in caregiving arena
• Current driver’s license and clean driving record
• Able to handle emergency and unforeseen situations effectively
• Good body mechanics • Safe use of medications • Nutritious meals preparation
• Falls prevention • Attention to detail • Toileting/bathing assistance
October 2013- Present
• Assist clients in grooming, hair, nails and oral care
• Transfer client from bed to wheelchair
• Monitor necessary signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration
• Provide good skin care to avoid bed sores
• Maintain sanitation standards of the client’s house
• Assisted clients in bathing and maintaining personal cleanliness
• Encouraged activities in line with the client’s needs and capabilities
• Washed and dried clothes
• Helped clients in feeding and toileting
• Documented and recorded care in suitable forms
• Reported unexpected changes of the client’s physical, mental or emotional health to the family
• Made bed and changed linens
• Excellent communication skills
• Good convincing power
• Ability to take care of elderly during night
• Household management / Good Computer Skills/DBS checked
I first starting thinking of working in care after I looked after my farther who suffered Lung cancer which resulted in a Stoke. It was such a comfort for my self and my Farther for me to be able to care for him at home , I started my career again and training so I could be become a full time live in carer
My career before care has been varied . I was in the merchant navy for 8 years then went back to university and studied photography in Portsmouth when I was 26
I spent 10 years as a photographer , spending a year as the Lord Mayor's official Photographer . This enabled me to meet many people from all walks of life including the Chelsea Pensioners and POWs from the last War . I will always hold this honour close to my heart as many have passed now .
I enjoy cooking gardening and of course still keep my hand in with photography .
I enjoy days out if the client so wishes .
Enhancing a clients life is my main objective with a sensitivity to how hard it is for
Client to accept a new care giver . Respect is gained over time and needs to be in
the clients own time . Choice is extremely important for a client along with
kindness patience and understanding . Giving guidance is a form of safe guarding
But prompting and not telling is respect . I am always aware I am a guest in my
Clients home .
Overall my choice to change my career and give back has been fulfilling and I hope
To carry on with care giving for many years to come .