Surrey, United Kingdom, Self employed or Employed (PAYE)
Posted: 9 days ago
We are looking to place a live in carer with our elderly female customer based in the village of Elstead, Surrey. The live in carer would receive £100 per 24 hours (£700 per week) plus a £20 travel contribution per period of cover (this rate is not negotiable).The live in carer must be registered as self-employed and have a valid UTR number.
The assignment is a week on / week off position, alternating with an existing live in carer.
The new live in carer must be available to start work on either MONDAY 31ST OCTOBER, MONDAY 14TH NOVEMBER OR MONDAY 28TH NOVEMBER.
The ideal person (s) MUST –
• Be a car driver with own car and be willing to use vehicle to run occasional errands / take the customer to appointments. The customer will reimburse the carer at 40p per mile.
• Like dogs. The lady has two dogs, both are elderly and friendly.
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to speak and write English.
• Have a kind and caring nature and be experienced in care work.
• Be willing to work to set policies and procedures in their day-to-day work e.g. medication policy.
• Be reliable, honest and trustworthy.
• Be able to supply or apply for a DBS check.
• Be willing to provide details for 2 references – one must be from most recent employer.
• Be able to cook and prepare simple meals as requested by the customer.
• Be willing to deliver personal care, help with medication, and carry out laundry tasks. The lady will have a weekly cleaner and gardener but it will form part of the live in carers’ role to keep the home generally clean and tidy.
• Non-smoker would be preferred.
The live in carer has good accommodation with own bathroom, WIFI connection, 2 hour break each day.
If you meet all of the above criteria and would like to apply we look forward to hearing from you. Please when possible respond by attaching your CV which should ideally contain a recent photograph of yourself.